- Most of the reasons behind vision loss are age. When a person is near their 40’s, they start having eyesight.
- Faulty refractive errors are a vision problem that improves with spectacles. In this condition, a person loses vision on a minimal note and doesn’t need surgery.
- Cataracts are the problem of blurry vision. In which there is a clouding in the eye lens. It can get better with the lens.
- Glaucoma is also one of the eyesight issues where it damages the optic nerve, which is the central eye health tissue. It mostly happens after the age of sixty.
- Diabetic retinopathy can be understood by its name only. It is a vision loss where diabetes complications affect eyesight.
Corneal opacity, in simple words, means loss of normal transparency. It can lead to scarring or clouding of the cornea, which allows light to pass through the retina, which leads to lower eye vision.
These are some of the eyesight causes which can happen in human life at any time. Many of these are normal. And the cure is possible without surgery. But there are many vision problems for which one needs to have surgery. Lasik is one of the most common eye surgeries, a laser refractive surgery. In simple words, it is laser treatment of the eyes. The first-ever laser eye treatment happened in 1989. This surgery took around 15 minutes. The best age to have a Lasik treatment is 20 to 40 as the eyes are the healthiest. Some of the vision problems for which Lasik treatment can be done are.
- Nearsightedness (myopia): When your eyeball is slightly longer than usual, light rays focus on the front of the retina and blur distant vision.
- Hyperopia: When your eyeball is shorter than the average one, light focuses on behind the retina, blurring near vision.
- Astigmatism: It happens when the cornea flattens unevenly. It blurs the distant and near vision.
Whenever a person goes for surgery, many questions are there in their mind. Whether they succeed or not? Will it be painful? Will the doctors use general anesthesia or not? We will see all the answers to the questions regarding Lasik treatment.
There are only 0.3 chances of Lasik treatment not being successful, which is rare. Usually, Lasik treatment is successful. Other factors are also there. It also depends upon the doctor or the hospital you are going to for the treatment. You should always consult with an experienced doctor for this surgery.
Lasik treatment is not painful. During treatment, doctors put an eye drop to numb the area. Though it won’t make you feel pain. But you will feel the pressure and procedure during surgery. We can say if a person is well anesthetized, then they will not feel pain. Anesthesia is used in many surgeries on the whole body too. But Lasik surgery is given in the eyes only to numb the affected area. The patient needs to be woken up during the treatment to focus on the targeted process.
Lasik surgery is rapid and painful. Small tissue is being manipulated during the surgery. Although the cornea is sensitive, it can be medicated with medicines and precautions. Also, it is one of the reasons for painful treatment. In this surgery, you can’t sleep as you need to be awake all the time to focus on the area where doctors will let you know. But the procedure is comfortable—some of the points to protect your eyes after laser treatment.
- Don’t wash your hair or take a shower after a day or so of treatment
- Avoid washing your face with soap, face wash, or anything like this.
- Don’t rub your eyes at least for a month.
- Use all the eye drops that your doctor has prescribed.
- Don’t drive until your doctor agrees to it.
- Keep tap water away from your eyes for a week at least.
- Avoid pools and saunas.
- Wear sunglasses or eye protection for at least a month before going out from home.
- Don’t do gyming or exercise for a week.
- Don’t go for hair color.
- Avoid dusty areas for a week minimum.
Lasik is one of the best and most common refractive surgeries used for eye treatment. And as we got to know, there are no side effects of Lasik treatment. You can go for it if you have blurry vision. Care after Lasik is maximum for a month; you are good to go for the lifetime thing. If you face vision problems at a young age, you can go for treatment and live your life your way.