The Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) is a medical care program aimed at present and retired Central Government of India employees. For those who work for the government, there is a special health program called the CGHS. So, Is LASIK Covered Under CGHS?
Health care services are offered via health centers (previously called CGHS Dispensaries) and multidisciplinary clinics affiliated with the allopathic, ayurvedic, yoga, Unani, Siddha, and homeopathic pharmacy traditions. Every public servant is given an acrylic CGHS card with a picture ID and recipient ID number. The beneficiary must show the ID at the health center to access CGHS facilities.
Since LASIK is an optional procedure, insurance policies frequently do not cover it. Sincerely, neither the government nor insurance companies can afford to pay for the expense of LASIK surgery.
Services provided by the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS)
- Provisions made by the CGHS OPD, the Central Government Health Scheme, and Medication use during rehabilitation are possible.
- State-run hospitals and Clinics for patients offer specialized assistance.
- Hospital treatment in certified government facilities.
- Investigations at diagnostic centers that the government has designated.
- Seniors and additional beneficiaries who were successfully verified can get treatment at recognized medical facilities and testing facilities without a fee.
- Payment of expenses for healthcare obtained in emergencies at privately owned or public hospitals.
- Recovery of expenses spent for acquiring the equipment above, artificial legs, a hearing aid, etc.
- Maternity, pediatric, and child welfare services.
- Discussions and medications for Ayurvedic, Homoeopathic, Unani, and Siddha medicine (AYUSH) can be obtained.
- Before understanding if LASIK I covered by CGSH, let’s have a brief overview of LASIK.
Is LASIK covered under CGHS?
LASIK is optional for clinical and visual reasons, as is all cataract surgery. Therefore, it isn’t an operation included in any insurance coverage, healthcare, or optical. This is true of most cosmetic procedures. Some insurance companies can sometimes provide a LASIK discount, but they are rarely better than what you could receive privately by simply asking.
Although LASIK protection through insurance is uncommon, it’s vital to remember that certain insurance policies and companies offer some coverage for the procedure. If you possess health coverage, you should find out whether they offer savings for Lasik eye surgery.
Is LASIK Eye Surgery Covered by Health Insurance?
A large percentage of Indians experience vision-related issues. A number of them can be treated with LASIK eye surgery. Many individuals wonder whether a mediclaim plan covers LASIK eye surgery due to the expensive nature of this laser procedure. Please continue reading to learn more about LASIK surgery, including whether or not standard insurance policies cover it for health care.
Steps to get Lasik Covered by CGHS
If you are a beneficiary of the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) and require LASIK surgery, there are certain steps you need to follow in order to get it covered under the CGHS. Firstly, you need to consult an empanelled ophthalmologist who is recognized by the CGHS. They will evaluate your condition and determine if LASIK is necessary for you. Once the ophthalmologist confirms the need for LASIK, they will provide you with a prescription for the surgery.
Next, you need to obtain a referral letter from your CGHS Wellness Centre or Dispensary. This letter should clearly state the reason for the referral and specify that LASIK surgery is recommended. You will then need to submit this referral letter along with the prescription from the ophthalmologist to the CGHS authorities for approval.
After receiving approval, you can proceed with scheduling the LASIK surgery with an empanelled hospital or eye care centre. Make sure to inform them that you are a CGHS beneficiary and provide them with the necessary documents for reimbursement. The surgery should be performed by an empanelled ophthalmologist who is approved by the CGHS.
Once the LASIK surgery is completed, you will need to submit all relevant documents, including the bills and receipts, to your CGHS Wellness Centre or Dispensary for reimbursement. The CGHS authorities will review your claim and process it accordingly. It is important to keep in mind that not all cases of LASIK may be covered under the CGHS, so it is advisable to consult with your ophthalmologist and CGHS authorities beforehand to understand the eligibility criteria and reimbursement process.
Mediclaim Policy Exclusions for LASIK Eye Surgery
Here are a few circumstances in which LASIK eye surgery insurance may be offered:
- A refractive defect brought on by a crash or injury necessitates eye surgery.
- A refractive mistake brought on by another procedure necessitates eye surgery.
- If the error in vision is 7.5 dioptres or greater, eye surgery is necessary.
- Due to anatomic abnormalities or ongoing pain, eye surgery is necessary for the patient.
- The need for eye surgery results from the person’s inability to wear contacts caused by a physical condition or an inability to contact lens sensitivity.
Note: For further information on the seriousness of the criteria for LASIK eye surgery protection, it is advised to see the specifics of your insurance plan.
Not many patients have the financial means to receive Contoura Vision eye surgery. However, a few people may never require eyeglasses or lenses after LASIK surgery. It would be best to discuss any dangers or adverse effects of the procedure with your doctor to ensure that it is the best course of action for them.
Check out if your health insurance provides incentives for LASIK eye surgery if you’re eligible for one. The patient must undergo laser eye surgery right away if necessary. It might not be a good idea to prevent it. However, since mediclaim coverage for LASIK eye surgery is available in India, move forward to purchase an insurance plan. Nevertheless, before purchasing a plan, be careful to read the insurance document’s conditions of use.