What is Contoura Vision?
Contoura LASIK Surgery is a cutting-edge innovation in spectacle removal technologies that uses laser vision correction and is FDA-approved. In addition to correcting your spectacle power, the Contoura procedure corrects corneal abnormalities and works on the visual axis, resulting in remarkable visual outcomes. Many patients can see better without their glasses after Contoura vision surgery. There is also much less glare around the lights. The Topolyser provides unrivaled diagnostic accuracy in detecting minor irregularities in the cornea’s curvature.
Compared to the current wavefront-guided LASIK, which measures approximately 200 points, Contoura Vision Surgery delivers an astounding measurement of 22,000 points. Because topography assessments are precise, treatments must be highly personalized. As a result, this technique is an excellent choice for correcting refractive errors. You won’t have to rely on contact lenses or glasses to see clearly.
While LASIK and SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction) only correct the power of your glasses, Contoura Vision goes further! Contoura Vision not only corrects your spectacle power but also corrects your corneal irregularities while working on the Visual axis, resulting in much sharper visual outcomes that LASIK and SMILE cannot match. Although LASIK has long been considered the gold standard for removing the need for spectacles or contact lenses, the Contoura Vision procedure provides superior visual acuity and refractive outcomes in most cases. Contoura Vision raises the bar for LASIK corrective surgery. Contoura Vision is a computer-guided topographic mapping technique that maps the cornea’s microscopic contours. The cornea is the transparent front surface of the eye. Contoura Vision correction produces exciting results. Approximately 66% of patients who received the treatment had correction better than 6/6. There is also less tissue damage and faster healing. Contoura Vision is also used to treat people who have had LASIK surgery but are unhappy with the results.
The procedure of Contoura Vision
- The cornea and crystalline lens inside the eye are in charge of focusing light that enters the eye onto the retina. Any flaws in their structure, particularly the curvature of the cornea, and any flaws in the length of the eyeball (and thus the retina’s position), resulting in blurred vision.
- Light rays are focused ahead of the retina in myopia, while they are focused behind the retina in hypermetropia. Light rays in different meridians are focused in different locations in astigmatism. We can opt for laser refractive surgery, which alters the cornea’s focusing ability, or we can wear glasses, contact lenses, or both to remedy this.
- The most recent technology for vision correction, Contoura Vision, uses a highly complex algorithm to collect up to 22000 data points on the cornea’s surface. Then, a femtosecond (blade-less) laser changes each separately to offer superb eyesight clarity and precision.
- Up to two-thirds of patients who receive Contoura Vision correction end up with supervision, which is better than 6/6 or 20/20.
- Contoura Vision’s corneal ablation and reshaping procedure is tailored to your eyes and corrects each of the 22000 points on your cornea to produce flawless results with a significantly lower incidence of side effects like halos and glare.
Contoura treatment, an advanced form of vision correction, was recently introduced. It advances laser vision correction by using a sophisticated information capture system. This technology allows patients to see things more clearly. They can also see colors with incredible vibrancy and textures. This procedure eliminates the need for surgical blades by raising the corneal flap using an ultra-fast femtosecond laser. This technique assures greater accuracy, quicker eyesight return, and a lower risk of adverse effects.
Eligibility for the Contoura Vision
Contoura vision surgery is unquestionably a successful strategy. Each of you must have a thorough medical examination under the guidance of an eye doctor. Your eligibility is verified, and the doctor then discusses your options. Patients that are qualified to receive contoura vision include:
- The patient must complete the age of 18.
- He needs a consistent eyeglass prescription.
- He needs 3D cyl Power.
- He shouldn’t have a thin cornea.
- His spherical eye power should be at most 8D.
- He shouldn’t have any severe corneal pathologies.
- It would be best if you did not have any significant obstruction in your nose or brow.
Being eligible for the surgery increases the likelihood of achieving the desired results. And with the assistance of a skilled ophthalmologist, you can make an informed decision to begin the entire process with greater ease.
Some benefits of choosing Contoura Vision
- No-blade and pain-free
- Fewer stitches
- No injections and bandages
- Same-day discharge
Precautions for before and after the Surgery
There are a lot of precautions that you need to take both before and after your Contoura vision surgery. The most critical factor was water; because your eyes are sensitive after surgery, doctors worldwide advise you to keep them away from water, dust, and pollution. They may contract an infection, affecting their recovery and vision. As a result, you should take extra care of your eyes and protect them as instructed by your surgeon. It would be best if you took precautions for a few weeks before continuing them for a month.
Several precautions are advised to be taken after my surgery
- Avoid washing my face.
- No need to shower.
- Shower from the neck down.
- Avoid getting shampoo, soap, or hair products in your eyes, as this could cause issues.
- No strenuous activity, swimming, or outdoor pursuits.
A significant consequence that can cause the cornea to deteriorate is infection. Most of the time, infections are infrequent and can be effectively treated with medication with little to no loss of visual quality.
Vision correction took a new dimension with Contoura Lasik. The Femto, Excimer, and Topolyser lasers are used in a three-step corrective process during Contoura Lasik. This way, it can correct your corneal imperfections, act on your visual axis, and provide an aspheric adjustment of your spectacle power. These provide you with a flawless optical surface and, as a result, significantly better visual results than those of any Lasik or Smile operation. While Lasik and Smile can only offer a standard vision of 6/6 (20/20), Contoura can deliver outcomes as good as 6/5 (20/16) or greater.
Numerous side effects of Lasik and Smile, including light sensitivity, problems seeing at night, difficulty reading, glare, starbursts, and halos, are greatly diminished with Contoura Vision.
You can go for Contoura Vision Eye Surgery based on the abovementioned factors.