The Procedure of your Lasik Surgery
To begin with, the procedure of your Lasik surgery is quite simple. Even though the surgery term might scare you. But the procedure for this surgery is simple and quick. Generally, when you go through this surgery, your surgery will be completed in only 15 to 20 minutes. Yes, Lasik surgery only takes 15 minutes to 20 minutes in the surgery room. However, the preparations you need to make before Lasik surgery is different. So, moving ahead the procedure of Lasik surgery is as follows
- Firstly, the doctor you hire will calm you down and your nervousness so that you are comfortable during your whole surgery. You must relax so that your surgery doesn’t go the other way.
- Secondly, your doctor will numb your eyes by using drops in your eyes. So that you don’t feel any pain when the surgery is taking place.
- Thirdly, once your eyes are numb, your surgeon will start positioning the flap making instrument carefully.
- After that, your doctor will start by telling you to focus on a light. And then turning on the precision instrument will help in finding the middle layer of your cornea.
- After this, the surgeon will reshape your cornea. Lastly, the corneal flap will be repositioned and your surgeon will let it heal naturally. And there your surgery will be completed resulting in the improvement in your vision.
Is Lasik Surgery Painful?
To begin with, this is a question that is often asked. When you decide to have surgery, you will surely know about the hurt and pain you will go through the surgery. Thus, it is obvious that you might worry about the pain during your Lasik surgery too. But you will be glad to know that Lasik surgery is one of the laser surgeries that is painless. Yes, usually going through Lasik surgery does not cause any pain to your eyes or any other area. This is mainly because before the surgery starts your doctor will numb your eyes. And thus, you do not feel any pain in your eyes.
However, you might feel some sensation of burning, and itchiness around your eyes. Usually, it is normal for you to experience such kinds of things. But if you do feel that the burning is too much, or you are itching too much. It is better for you to show it to your doctor once. This will help you in identifying the problem if there is any. Your eyes are especially sensitive so you must be careful and check with your doctor to avoid any major problems. Other than that, Lasik surgery is not painful at all, all you will it’s just a little itchiness as your cornea will be reshaped.
Things to Avoid Before Lasik Surgery
Now, if you want to have a successful surgery and especially if you want to increase the success rate of your Lasik surgery you must prepare for it well. According to many Lasik specialists, there are certain things you need to take care of before you go with Lasik surgery. Generally, when you visit an eye surgeon for Lasik surgery, he will surely tell you and explain everything in detail about the things you need to avoid for your Lasik surgery below down are three of the things you need to remember while preparing for your Lasik surgery.
- Avoid contact lenses: usually, when you wear contact lenses on a daily basis, it tends to change the shape of your cornea. And this is the only reason why you are able to see with your contact lenses. However, in Lasik surgery, your cornea is reshaped permanently. But to reshape your cornea properly your cornea needs to be in its original shape. Thus, this is the reason why you must avoid contact lenses for 3 to 4 weeks before you have surgery.
- On the day of your surgery, you need to avoid anything that can cause infection in your eyes. For example, you must avoid lotions, makeup, creams, perfumes, and other things that can cause problems during your surgery. Usually, on the day of your surgery, you need to take a clean bath and stay away from any bacteria.
- Thirdly, you must make sure that when you go for Lasik surgery, you wear something comfortable. This is mainly because once your surgery is done and you reach home you can rest in your comfortable clothes.
Things to Avoid After Lasik Surgery
This is one important thing you need to take care of after your Lasik surgery. This is mostly because the period after your Lasik surgery is completed, is when your eyes are healed naturally. So keeping it away from anything that might cause infection should be your top priority. The below points will help let you know things to avoid after your surgery for better and faster results.
Now, the most common question is can you smoke after your Lasik surgery. As many people on today’s date smoke. But the answer to this question is too simple. You should not smoke after your Lasik surgery. Generally, it is obvious that smoking normally is a big risk to your health. So of course it won’t be of any help if you smoke after your Lasik surgery. Furthermore, smoking causes many other problems to your eyes after your Lasik surgery. Such as Dry eyes, irritation in your eyes. It also lowers the healing process of your eyes and increases the chances of infections. Thus, it is better for you if you avoid smoking after your Lasik surgery.
Do Not Pressure Your Eyes
You must make sure that your eyes are not under pressure. You can keep your eyes from pressure by avoiding difficult activities. Such as driving, swimming, watching television nonstop, and such kinds of things.